Skip to content

Montana Insurance Department

If you have a dispute with your insurance company, you can file a complaint with the Montana Insurance Department. One example of a dispute would be if your insurance company refuses to provide assistance that is promised in your policy, such as payments for property damage or temporary lodging. Another example would be if the insurance company does not respond to your calls.

If there is significant damage, Montana Insurance Department representatives travel to damaged areas to assist homeowners with filing claims and covering emergency living expenses. The department also provides general advice about buying and using all types of insurance, including the steps to take if your property is damaged.

Back To Top