Skip to content

Minnesota Department of Commerce Insurance Department

If you have a dispute with your insurance company, you can file a complaint with the Minnesota Department of Commerce Insurance Department. One example of a dispute would be if your insurance company refuses to provide assistance that is promised in your policy, such as payments for property damage or temporary lodging. Another example would be if the insurance company does not respond to your calls.

The division also provides general advice about buying and using all types of insurance, including the steps to take if your property is damaged. Before buying insurance, you can use the website to make sure your insurance agent or company is licensed.

Back To Top